- Is the Worst Behind Us? from NREI: "Retail was the best performing sector over the past quarter, benefitting from relatively strong income growth and a smaller capital decline than other sectors."
- Survey: Recession seen ending in third quarter from MSNBC: "The Blue Chip Economic Indicators survey of private economists released on Monday showed about 90 percent of the respondents surveyed believe the economic downturn will be declared to have ended this quarter."
- 15 Largest U.S. Lenders from NYT: "Residential originations at U.S. mortgage lenders jumped by nearly one-quarter in MortgageDaily.com's Second Quarter 2009 Production Ranking."
- Homebuilders Eliminate Frills as First-Time Buyers Drive Sales from Bloomberg: "Housing starts rose to a seven-month high in June and sales of new houses gained in each of the last four months, including the 11 percent increase in June that was the biggest in eight years."
- U.S. Mortgage Rates Fall to 5.22% from Bloomberg: "Mortgage rates in the U.S. fell for the first time in three weeks, boosting the potential for further stabilization in the housing market."
Your August NYC Real Estate Good News Roundup
Posted on Tue, 2009-08-11 09:47